Thursday, November 8, 2012

Digital Story Telling Student Samples

Did you all know I have a work wiki?  Have you checked it out yet?  If not, please stop by and let me know your thoughts!  Here it is: http://sarctutoring.wikispaces.com/

My wiki has become my pet project this semester and I am SO excited to see it expanding as the semester goes on.  Creating a wiki was an interesting experience but one I am grateful to have been strong-armed into through my wonderful and challenging Educational Technology course this semester.

Utilizing my new wiki and one of the curriculum plans I created for my current position as a peer tutor trainer, I have been working with my student staff to create a Digital Story through the medium of their choice.  Because it is the mission of my department to provide students with opportunities for leadership development, I always strive to allow students to teach students whenever  possible.   During this project I worked closely with some of my more advanced staff (two Lead Tutors and my Graduate Assistant) to create a sample video and several sample virtual scenarios to provide along with the assignment instructions and "rubric."  I have rubric in quotes because my students are not graded on their training materials, rather we utilize projects such as these to demonstrate comprehension of training/learning goals.  Its a bit of a get-it or dont-get-it environment around here.

Here is the sample video provided to students on the wiki along with assignment instructions:


Following are a few of my favorite student submissions for this assignment.  These samplings were completed through Pixton (online comic strip), Yodio (pictures and voice-over), GoAnimate! (mini-animation) and finally through Prezi.

Chad - Pixton 

Chelsea - Yodio

Caroline - Prezi  

Megan - Prezi

Tania - Pixton
 

Stanley - GoAnimate! (Don't tell my tutors, but besides the YouTube video, this one is my favorite)

I have included these samples on my Wiki now as well, so if you are clicking through the samples there you might see these same ones.  I hope you check some of my student work out as well as my Wiki and let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment